Our role as a Toi Uru Kahikatea organisation
Toi Uru Kahikatea
Read NZ Te Pou Muramura is a Creative NZ investment client under the Toi Uru Kahikatea programme.
We seek three outcomes, namely that:
- All children read for pleasure
- All adults read for pleasure; and
- New Zealanders aspire to become a nation of readers.
We do this by:
- Sparking interest in reading through a range of school-based initiatives
- Developing campaigns and events targeted ad adults who are least likely to read
- Leading campaigns aiming to mobilise New Zealanders who love reading to read more and promote the benefits of reading
- Promoting books about and from New Zealand Aotearoa
- Promoting Aotearoa's writers and their work through our Writers Files and social media reach
- Supporting other literature sector organisations, who have similar aims, to achieve their goals.