How we make a difference
- Delivering the Writers in Schools and other programmes, which encourage students to read and write
- Ensuring the most disadvantaged students have access to the Writers in Schools programmes
- Researching reading habits and barriers to reading
- Sharing campaigns to celebrate reading and storytelling in all its forms
- Advocating for the importance of reading.
Other ways you can help
Please use our services to book as many author visits as your school would like. We will contact authors on your behalf and pay them for their time.
If your school is a current member of Read NZ Te Pou Muramura, we can subsidise the cost of your first author visit each year. Often this means that your first author visit is at no additional charge to the school. The price of second or subsequent visits starts at $260 and we always provide an estimate of costs before confirming a Writers in Schools visit.
Frequently asked questions
How will people benefit from my donation?
Your donation will assist us in delivering programmes directly engaging communities with writers and books, such as Writers in Schools, Writers in Communities, Writers in Youth Justice, and Hooked on NZ Books. Visit our programmes page to learn more about the impact of these initiatives.
Is my donation tax-deductible?
Yes, as we're a registered charity. We can provide you with a donation receipt on request.
Can I amend my monthly donation?
Yes. Please contact email@example.com to help with this process.
Can I donate over the phone?
Yes. You can call us on +64 04 801-5546 to make a donation over the phone.